Internal Auditor - Senior - Bangalore
Looking for minimum 2 to 6 years of post-qualification experience from the Operations Risk and Compliance and Audit functions. Leading, planning, developing and execution of Internal Audit and SOX Compliance engagements for Insurance clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead and execute internal audits and internal controls testing for Insurance clients covering audit and compliance work as detailed below:
- Support in risk scoping, assessment and building control framework
- Evaluate internal processes / controls and prepare Risk Control Matrices
- Gather and analyse risk-related data from internal and / or external resources
- Review the existing risk framework and recommend changes to risk assessment / review / monitoring methodologies
- Execute internal audits for the Insurance clients.
- Help in designing the scope of audit assignments covering internal controls and policy guidelines basis the risk management activity
- Support in planning audit assignments considering time and effort estimation
- Execute and manage the audit assignment by performing field-work and following the planned audit approach. Perform internal audits and internal controls testing covering areas like underwriting, premiums, claims, surrenders, withdrawals, reserves, customer complaints, broking process, investments, financial book closure process etc.
- Evaluate internal processes and controls, and prepare audit reports with value added recommendations to management and audit committees
- Follow-up for implementation of controls for key risks within timelines & escalate overdue issues
Academic Qualification: Chartered Accountancy, Certified Internal Auditor, MBA / Masters in Finance
- 2-6 years of experience in risk management and/or internal audit with minimum 2 years experience in Insurance industry
- Independent, analytical and positive mind, excellent inter-personal and communication skills, ability to deal with people in different levels including senior management
- Knowledge of international regulators e.g. US, UK, Australian regulatory frameworks (e.g. Fed, FCA, APRA etc.) will be an added benefit
- Conversant with risk-based audit approach, risk assessments and quality standards
- Good presentation and report writing skills
- Command over MS Excel, Word and Power Point
DM Operation Risk Mumbai
Manager Process Excellence- Mumbai
Independently design improve processes and value streamsusing recognized methodologies such as...